www.homepizzaovens.co.uk provides an online service owned and operated by Home Pizza Ovens Limited (“Home Pizza Ovens”, “we” or “us”). Please take the time to review this privacy statement which explains the information that we collect about you, how we use it, and your rights in relation to that information.
We are the data controller of the personal information collected via or in connection with our website (www.homepizzaovens.co.uk) (the “site”).
What personal information do we collect about you?
We collect personal information from you when you provide it to us directly and through your use of the site. This information may include:
- Information you provide to us when you create an account with us, which will include your name, email address and password;
- Information you provide when using the site, for example your telephone number, searches, reviews and comments;
- Information you provide to us when you enter a competition or participate in a survey; and
- Information collected automatically, using cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. which pages you viewed and whether you clicked on a link in one of our email updates). We may also collect information about the device you use to access our sites.
- Any other information that you give us when you contact us, provide feedback or request marketing to be sent
We may also receive confirmation from one of our installers, for our accounting purposes and to manage the installer’s account with us.
Installers and Job Applicants
This privacy statement is primarily aimed at users of our sites. However, if you work for a supplier with whom we partner or are applying for a job with us, please read the below.
If you work for a supplier with whom we partner, we will collect your business contact details as well as other information relevant to our professional relationship with you. We will also maintain a record of your communications with us.
We may collect information about you from you directly, from your employer, from a user of our sites, or from publicly available sources (e.g. your website).
We will use this information for the purposes of developing and maintaining our relationship with you and for any advertising Service we have agreed to provide to you. If you would like to update or delete your supplier profile on our site, please contact us.
If you apply for a job with us, we will collect and use the information you provide to us in the course of your application to assess your suitability for the position you have applied for and for other roles in the future, and to monitor diversity and equal opportunities within our recruitment process. Please note that as part of the application process, we may also collect information about you from third parties, for example recruiters, referees, or from publicly available sources (e.g. LinkedIn). Please visit our sites for more information about careers with us.
What do we use this personal information for?
Depending on how you use our site, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, the purposes for which we use your personal information include:
- To fulfil requests submitted via the site and maintain your online account;
- To contact you about your use of the site;
- Where you completed the form to request services from us or further information about us or any of our suppliers, we may email you to collect feedback from your experience;
- To personalise the site to you and show you content we think you will be most interested in, based on your account information and your history on the site;
- To fulfil our obligations to the third parties we work with;
- To improve and maintain the site, and monitor its usage;
- For market research, e.g. we may contact you for feedback about your experience on our site;
- To send you offers, promotions or other marketing which we think you may find useful;
- To develop and improve our business, through the use of data analytics and benchmarking;
- For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; and
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Our basis for processing under UK data protection law
Generally, we will process your data where necessary for the performance of our contract, or otherwise where you have given us your consent to process the personal information collected via our site, so that we can provide you with the services we offer; for example, when you create an account with us or browse for products and/or services. You can withdraw your consent at any time (see ‘Storage and Deletion’ below), but if you do so we will need to delete your account and you will no longer be able to receive our services.
We may also process your personal information where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, in order to maintain our sites and conduct our business. For example:
- We conduct an analysis on our user base and the searches made via our sites;
- We must share your personal details with one of our installer partners, in order to provide you with the intended service of the Site
Marketing & Advertising
We love to communicate with our users and so, we may use your personal information to send you marketing, including by email, SMS or post. Some of these messages may be tailored to you, based on your previous use of our site.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us (or would like to opt back in), you can change your preferences at any time by contacting email@example.com or clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email.
If you unsubscribe from marketing, please note we will still contact you with service messages from time to time.
You may also see adverts for our sites on third party websites, including on social media. These ads may be tailored to you using cookies (which track your web activity, so enable us to serve ads to users who have visited our sites) and/or similar technologies. Where you see an ad on third party websites or social media, this may be because we have engaged the third party or social network to show ads to our users, or others who match the demographic profile of our users. In some cases, this may involve sharing your email address with the third party or social network so that they can identify you as one of our users. If you no longer want to see tailored ads you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and these third party websites.
Who do we share this personal information with?
We share users’ personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- With third party suppliers, to pass on your interest in the products and/or services that they provide;
- With our professional and legal advisors;
- With third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection;
- With law enforcement or other governmental authorities, in response to a lawful request or court order;
- Otherwise where we have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
We also disclose aggregate data, which does not identify any user personally, including to third parties working in media, consumer research and the hospitality industry.
Storage and Deletion
Our sites are hosted by Amazon Web Services and we may use other international service providers. Consequently, your personal information will be processed in countries outside of Europe, including in countries where you have fewer legal rights in respect of your data than you do under local law. Where we transfer personal information outside the European Economic Area we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate safeguards, including by using the EU Standard Contractual Clauses and the EU-US Privacy Shield. Please contact us if you would like more information about these safeguards.
If you would like to delete your account with us, please contact us using the details below. Please note, however, that if you delete your account we may retain some of your details (for example if you have made a complaint about our sites), for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim. If you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Users under 18
Our sites is not intended for, and should not be used by, anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18.
You have certain rights in respect of your personal information, including the right to access, correct, and request the erasure of your personal information.
You also have the right to object to your personal information being used for certain purposes, including to send you marketing. See ‘Marketing’ above, for more details of how to opt-out of marketing.
We will comply with any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request. To make any requests regarding your personal information, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal information, please contact us using the details below. You are also entitled to contact the UK’s supervisory authority for data protection, the Information Commissioner’s Office, or your local supervisory authority.
Last updated 24 JUne 2020