Spicy and creamy – Monkfish Curry!
This recipe uses Cornish monkfish for brightly coloured curry that’s easy to cook all in the one pot on the hot pizza oven floor. Try adding whatever vegetables arrive in your veg box and you can make it as spicy or mild as suits your taste by increasing the chilli. Roasting the monk tail on the bone in the pizza oven keeps it moist and tender and the sauce provides loads of aromatic flavour to this meaty fish.
- After preheating your pizza oven to at least 300˚C. Place a cast iron skillet into the base after moving the fire to one side. Heat the ghee for 30 secs in your skillet until it’s smoking and then remove the skillet and add in all your vegetables, spices and monk tail.
- Carefully coat in melted ghee and then pour in the coconut milk and peanut butter. Stir well and return the whole pan to the centre of your oven.
- Roast for 5-6 minutes until the monk falls off the bone, the sauce bubbles and the surface veg chars.
- Serve with steamed rice or after carving the monk spoon portions into bowls and enjoy by the pizza oven fire for an alfresco meal.
This dish was roasted in the Alfa Forni 5 Minuti. For more information and prices, click here.
- 1 monk tail
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 red pepper, roughly sliced
- 2 chard leaves, sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp finely sliced red chilli
- Handful of spinach leaves
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp black onion seeds
- 1/4 cauliflower, florets roughly chopped
- Pinch of sea salt