Carbs on carbs – what could be better?! This is a really tasty white pizza with crushed potatoes, onion confit, mozzarella and rosemary.
Potatoes and onions are a dream combination but paired with mozzarella and rosemary sprigs, this pizza emerges from the shadows with a flavour packed punch. Sprinkled with sea salt, it’s a savoury delight!
This recipe uses Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana recipe which can be found here.
- Boil sliced charlotte potatoes (around 5 pending the size for 1 pizza) for 10 / 12 mins. Drain and leave to cool.
- Slice around 10 banana shallots (enough for 1 pizza) with a mandolin and slowly cook in butter and olive oil until soft and brown – it should resemble an onion confit. Part way through cooking, add 3 sliced garlic cloves.
- Stretch the pizza dough over plenty of semolina and drizzle with a little olive oil
- Cover the pizza with onion confit and add crush potatoes, mozzarella and rosemary sprigs.
- Pour a little basil oil over the top of the pizza.
- Sprinkle with dried oregano.
- Bake in your pizza oven at 500 degrees C for around 90 seconds, turning frequently.
- Salt alert! Sprinkle with lots of crunchy sea salt!
This pizza was baked using the Alfa Forni 5 Minuti. For more information and prices, click here.
- Charlotte potatoes
- Banana shallot onions
- Basil oil
- Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana recipe