Halloween and autumn inspired, this tasty white pizza blends the subtle taste of pureed pumpkin with kale and fiery red chilli.
With pumpkins and squash in abundance throughout autumn, this pizza is unusually satisfying hit. It’s a great sharing pizza to start a Halloween inspired evening!
This recipe uses Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana recipe which can be found here.
- Cut a whole pumpkin in half and remove the seeds and fibrous centre, sprinkle with olive oil and lots of salt and pepper. Place flesh down on baking paper on a roasting tray, prick the outer layer of the pumpkin and roast in an oven at 160 degrees C for 50 mins. Once cooked, remove the outer layer and blitz in a processor into a soupy consistency.
- Blanch the kale in hot water for 1 minute. Dry and sprinkle with olive oil.
- Stretch the pizza dough over plenty of semolina.
- Spoon the pureed pumpkin puree over the pizza base and add kale, sliced red chilli.
- Pour a little basil oil over the top of the pizza.
- Sprinkle with dried oregano.
- Bake in your pizza oven at 500 degrees C for around 90 seconds, turning frequently.
This pizza was baked using the Alfa Forni 5 Minuti. For more information and prices, click here.
- Red chilli
- Basil oil
- Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana recipe