A Halloween inspired sweet pizza – Toffee Apple! Caramelised apples with cinnamon, who needs teeth shattering apples on a stick?!
Autumnal dessert pizzas are the way forward! Diversify away from savoury toppings and go sweet. Inspired by Halloween, this toffee apple pizza will appeal to kids and adults alike – just ditch the booze for the youngsters!
This recipe uses Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana recipe which can be found here.
- Cut the apples into segments and cook on a low heat in a saucepan with a little water until soft.
- Using a thick bottom pan, caramelise the sugar on a low heat until brown, don’t overheat nor stir.
- Add the butter and a glug of calvados or rum (we used Don Papa Rum that’s flavoured with vanilla). It will bubble ferociously and is VERY hot – be careful not to touch the caramel.
- Stretch the pizza dough over plenty of semolina directly on a peel before adding the topping. The caramel may melt the base so wait until the sauce has cooled a little.
- Cover the pizza with the caramel sauce and add the apples, sprinkle generously with cinnamon.
- Bake in your pizza oven at 500 degrees C for around 90 seconds, turning frequently.
This pizza was baked using the Alfa Forni 5 Minuti. For more information and prices, click here.
- Caster sugar 150g
- Butter 75g
- 15ml water
- 2 apples, cored
- Rum or Calvados
- Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana recipe