A radical twist on a chilli beef pizza takes a Mexican inspired flavour combo with chilli and chocolate!
This radical twist on a chilli beef pizza takes a Mexican inspired flavour combo with chilli and chocolate. The bitter dark chocolate grated over at the last minute accentuates the sweetness of the chilli beef and it’s a pizza with some strong Fiesta vibes. A great pizza to jazz up any leftover beef dish with a rich tomato sauce, jalapeño, paprika and smoked chilli.
This recipe uses Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana recipe which can be found here.
- Cook your beef chilli by browning the beef, onions and garlic in oil. Then add our spices and herbs. Pour in your beef stock and tomatoes and reduce the heat to simmer. Cook for 2 hours until soft and tender. Add in your chocolate and season to taste.
- Preheat your pizza oven to 450˚C and then move the fire to one side.
- Flour your peel with polenta and throw your pizza dough into a large circle approximately 30cm in diameter. Lay carefully onto the floured peel.
- Top the dough with a couple of spoons of BBQ tomato sauce. Add torn mozzarella, jalapeno, and chilli beef as toppings.
- Bake for 2-3 mins and then turn the pizza around. Bake for a further 2-3 minutes until the base is crispy and the cheese melts. Finish with grated chocolate.
This pizza was baked using the Alfa Forni 5 Minuti. For more information and prices, click here.
- 4 tbsp BBQ tomato sauce
- 100g mozzarella
- 8 jalapeño
- 1 tsp grated 70% dark chocolate
For the Beef Chilli:
- 500g stewing beef, chuck or skirt
- 250ml bone broth
- 150g chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp jalapeño, chopped
- 1 tbsp 70% dark chocolate, grated
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1tsp thyme
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp smoked sea salt
Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana recipe