The perfect veggie Sunday roast – Dirty Hassleback Squash!
This recipe is perfect to dig into with family for an autumnal Sunday roast. The hassleback squash can easily be teased apart in sections and served onto warm plates. The flesh is infused with individual layers of sage and topped with a comforting sweet crumble.
- Preheat your pizza oven to 300 degrees C and move the hot embers to one side. Slice your squash in half and scoop out the pulp and seeds. Carefully slice down without going all the way through and place a sage leave in the gaps.
- Blitz the nuts and seeds into a coarse crumb and drizzle the sage-stuffed squash with oil. Top with the nut crumble.
- Place straight onto the oven floor and bake for 15-20 mins until tender and charred.
- Serve with a roast or wilted kale.
This dish was roasted in the Alfa Forni 5 Minuti. For more information and prices, click here.
- 2 butternut squash
- 4 sprigs of sage
2 tbsp oil
- For the nut crumble:
- 50g hazelnuts
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g dried cranberries
- 1 tsp smoked sea salt flakes