Looking for some festive ideas for red cabbage recipes – Wood-grilled Cabbage and Chestnut Butter!
If you are looking for some festive ideas for red cabbage recipes, then try this out in your pizza oven. The charred cabbage and chestnuts are sweet and earthy with a deep woody note form the oven. Rosemary brings lots of background flavour to the cabbage and a pinch of dehydrated kraut powder is my secret ingredient.
- Preheat your oven to 300˚C and then move your fire to one side.
- In a cast iron skillet melt your butter and add in your sliced red cabbage and rosemary. Drizzle with date syrup and roast for 3-4 mins. Then pull out and turn the cabbage over. Return to the oven to cook for a further 4-5 mins.
- While the cabbage cooks blitz your chestnuts in a food processor until they are the texture of peanut butter. Season with a pinch of salt to taste.
- Serve the charred cabbage and nut butter with a pinch of kraut powder to supercharge with umami seasoning. [to make kraut or kimchi powder simply dehyrdate at 55˚C or 6-8 hours and then blitz in a spice grinder until a fine dust. Keep in an air-tight container]
This dish was roasted in the Alfa Forni 5 Minuti. For more information and prices, click here.
- 1 red cabbage
- 150g cooked chestnuts
- 75g butter
- 2 tbsp date syrup
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- ½ tsp smoked sea salt
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper