One of James’ signature dishes – Wood-grilled Cabbage and Chestnut Butter!
This is one of my signature dishes and it works a treat in the pizza oven. The kale chimichurri offers something earthy and metallic to go with the cruciferous cauliflower roasted in nutty brown butter.
- Preheat your oven to 300-350˚C. Move your fire to one side and in a cast iron skillet melt your butter for 1 min.
- Trim two large steaks from the core of your cauliflower and keep the remaining florets for a pizza oven cauliflower cheese or cauli rice later.
- Add cauliflower steaks into the bubbling butter and cook for 4-5 mins on each side along with some leaves.
- Make a salsa by blitzing all the kale, garlic and coriander in a food processor with chilli, oil and lime. Add in the chopped shallot and season to taste.
This dish was roasted in the Alfa Forni 5 Minuti. For more information and prices, click here.
- X2 6 oz cauli steaks
- 100g salted butter
- For the kale chimichurri
- 100g kale, blanched
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- ½ shallot, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp diced red chilli
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil