Piri Piri Chicken!
The classic Portuguese chicken dish with a spicy kick. This recipe uses poussin but a regular sized chicken will do just as well!
- Put all marinade ingredients in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Slash the chickens across the legs and breasts and cover with half of the marinade. Set the remaining piri piri sauce aside for dipping when eating.
- Get your BBQ super hot and then reduce to around 250 degrees C – we used the Outdoor Chef Davos 570 G Gas BBQ for this dish.
- BBQ for 20 to 25 mins depending on the thickness of the chicken until cooked, turn every 5 minutes. Use a thermometer to monitor when the chicken at its thickest part reaches 75 degrees C.
- Cover and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
This dish was barbecued using the Outdoor Chef Davos 570 G Gas BBQ. For more information and prices, click here.
- 3 spatchcock poussin or 1 large chicken
- 1 tsp crushed dried chillies
- 120ml red wine vinegar
- 6 red chillies
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp of fresh oregano or 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp of fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp golden caster sugar
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Good grind of salt and pepper